Ludlow Methodist Church aims to be:
• A Church which continues to be known for its welcome to all and as a meeting place for all, which utilises its relationship with the community to help people to come to faith, and offers a variety of worship to suit different ages. We strive to be appealing to young and old alike, while recognising the current appeal to retired folk.
• A Church which provides a pathway for growing in faith through all ages and helps people deepen their discipleship through wide participation in a variety of small groups.
• A Church which continues to listen to the needs of the community, and whose premises are well used for the community and for mission, contributing to addressing the needs of young people in the town, working with other Churches as appropriate, seeking to be Social and Prophetic in the community and in the world.
• A Church which communicates well using advertising, print and electronic media and plays its role in Circuit affairs, being a model and encouragement to the Circuit.
Our purpose and how we aim to achieve our vision can be summarised in the following mission statement:
To journey with God, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through our witness, our worship and by our practical expression of God’s love within our church, the community we serve and the world.
We seek to fulfil this mission by:
• Offering a welcome to all to join us in conversation, worship and other activities.
• Helping people to learn about and develop faith and grow in Christian discipleship.
• Supporting members of the Church family and being a caring community with opportunities to study and pray together.
• Ensuring that all aspects of Church life reflect its open policy and make provision for all ages.
• Practising the inclusive gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Working with our Christian neighbours in other local Churches, as well as people of other faith and no faith, and with the wider Church family in the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit and throughout the world.